The purpose of the Vimex Gas Detection System (GDS) is to detect flammable and toxic gases in pump rooms, ballast tanks, void spaces, air ducts or other areas where explosive or toxic gases may be present. Vimex can offer Gas Detection Systems for most purposes, customized to our customers specifications.
The system can be delivered as an aspiration system with one sensor placed in a central cabinet, with fixed sensors placed on the different locations or as a combination of the two mentioned systems.
The standard system is equipped with catalytic combustible sensors, but may also be equipped with infrared sensors. Bilge, fire and temperature alarms may be provided on request.
- Type approved by DNV and GL
- Detecting all types of toxic gases and oxygen
- Equipped with catalytic combustible sensors or infrared sensors
- Custom made to customer specifications
- Optional bilge, fire and temperature alarms
The Vimex GDS has been installed on more than 200 vessels.